Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

File Hosting Upgrades/Transfers etc ....

Last updated on 3 years ago
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 3 years ago
As discussed in the "New Releases" thread recently, two of the three Mediafire accounts are now almost at capacity storing all the files OGM currently hosts. This makes adding new magazines and keeping them amalgamated with existing scans for that particular title somewhat difficult and trawling multiple accounts for a title is onerous.

Due to that I am migrating some content onto the third account. I am also converting content at the same time away from PDF and into CBR to keep everything in the same format with the sole exception being PDF content that uses OCR (digital editions mainly)

Rather than fill up the "New Releases" thread I will detail the migrations along with any file changes here......

1. Xbox World 360 - all issues converted to CBR. Brightness adjusted
2. Dreamcast Magazine (JPN) - all issues converted to CBR - No brightness adjustments
3. 64 Magazine - all PDF's converted - No brightness adjustments
Edited by Kiwi on 18/07/2021, 3 years ago
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 3 years ago
Note: I am NOT tampering with other peoples scans ... only my own that have been scanned using the FI-5650c. Some of those I am not even altering.

I think magazines with thin paper are the culprit in that the background is assisting with greying up the scans. The Dreamcast Magazine (JPN) and Amiga World scans for instance with their heavy paper stock seem to exhibit a lot less of the issue than the PC PowerPlay, Game Informer (AUS) or OPSX (AUS) magazines. So it is a case by case decision as I, in between getting new scans online and updating the site, get the time to convert the PDF files into CBR. And that is dependent on needing to free up space on the Mediafire accounts.

At some point when I need to look at yet another Mediafire account it will become as expensive as an 8TB Mega account only with half the storage. At that point I might simply have to delete older content off if I cannot cover the outlay for another account. Time will tell .......
S
slider1983Member
Posted 3 years ago
Just to clarify the Media Fire inbox people upload their files to is a separate account?
KiwiKiwiSuper Admin
Posted 3 years ago
No!!
S
slider1983Member
Posted 3 years ago
Okay!! Grin

Thanks for clarifying.
Edited by slider1983 on 01/08/2021, 3 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.